Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet and Sour Pot Roast

Sweet and Sour Pot Roast

1 beef chuck roast
1 tablespoon olive oil (coconut or ghee)
1 cup chopped onion
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt

Brown roast in hot oil on all sides in a skillet. Place meat in slow cooker. Saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, honey, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the meat is tender. Before serving, pour sauce into a skillet. Cook and stir over med-high heat until thickened. Serve with baked beans and veggies.

1 comment:

  1. I love my slow cooker! I have a bunch of healthy slow cooker recipes that I post on my blog if you're interested. (http://healthyslowcooking.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete