Sunday, July 5, 2009

Teriyaki Pork Roast

Teriyaki Pork Roast

(from Fix-It and Forget-It)



3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice

2 Tbsp sugar

2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar

1 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/8 tsp pepper

3# boneless pork loin, halved

2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch

3 Tbsp cold water



1. Combine apple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and pepper in a greased slow cooker.

2. Add roast. Turn to coat.

3. Cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Remove roast and keep warm.

4. In saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in juices from roast. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve with roast.



Cook's notes: That's the recipe as written. I browned the roast beforehand. I have one of those slow cookers that I can use on the stove top so no extra pans. I doubled the "sauce". I didn't have apple juice so I used white wine. About an hour before being done, I added some new potatos. The sauce was pretty thick, but I added the cornstarch mix anyway. I just mixed the cornstarch/water in a small container before adding it to the slow cooker. That was a mistake. Made it too thick for my tastes! But it was delicious. The potatos were yummy cooked in the sauce. Next time I won't thicken the sauce, as I like thinner teriyaki sauce. I might also cook it shorter...7 hours was a bit long, made for a dryish roast. But I started with a semi-frozen one & I don't think it was a full 3#. But overall, it's a keeper - with changes.



Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment