Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chicken Lasagna

Chicken Lasagna

8 oz lasagna noodles (I use oven ready)

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green pepper

3 tablespoons butter

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup ( I used crm of mushroom)

1 6 oz can sliced mushrooms,drained (I omit)

1/2 cup chopped pimiento,drained (I omit)

1/3 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon dried basil,crushed (I was out)

1 1/2 cup cream style cottage cheese (I just use a whole 16oz carton)

2 cups diced cooked chicken

2 cups shredded american cheese (I use sharp cheddar)

1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese

Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to pkg directions;drain.

Cook onion and pepper in butter till tender;stir in soup,mushrooms,milk,pimiento,and basil.

Lay half the noodles in a 9x13 inch baking dish

Top with half the sauce;half cottage cheese,half chicken,and half cheeses.

Repeat layers except for last two cheeses.

Bake in a 350 oven 45 minutes

Top with cheeses bake 2 minutes more.

Makes 8-10 servings

I serve this with french bread and a tossed salad

No comments:

Post a Comment